Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Progress-3

Rap songs are a powerful teaching strategy. I create rap songs by myself based on the learning objects. One of the songs that I put in the video is the Hamburger song. In most foreign language classes, you just stay in your seat and sing a song. That’s it. Not in my Chinese class. For nearly all the songs we sing in my class, students dance and move to the music. I normally use a flamenco clapper to give the beat. In the video, Queen’s famous song, “We will rock you” is the background music we rap to. I have to say every time students hear this music, they want to dance, and they start to show interest. I will put part of the students’ performance in the final video.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool- I am eager to see this. Right now as I read this I am watching Glee (or at least some of it) and I think one reason it is so popular is that song is powerful- as you are finding. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to involve many the multiple intellenges into one lesson. There is a little bit there for all students to be successful.

    ReplyDelete